This is the inspiring Life Journey of
Designer, Product Designer, UX Specialist, Entrepreneur, Photographer & Speaker
I am Murilo Lima. Originally from the lovely city of Salvador / Bahia in Brazil, I migrated to Australia 6 years ago more specific to Sydney where I have been living since 2014.
I am a designer who graduated from Unijorge University in Bahia – Brazil in 2006, and I have been working in small and big companies for over 10 years in Salvador, São Paulo and Sydney.
I have an Advanced Diploma of Program Management, Diploma of Project Management and Diploma in Information Technology in Australia at Academies Australasia Institute.
I completed three Certifications in Advanced Diploma of Program Management, Diploma of Project Management and Diploma in Information Technology at the Academies Australasia Institute in Australia. Also, I completed one Certifications in Information Architecture at Jump Education in Brazil.
I developed a professional career working in small to large companies in different areas, such as business design, innovation, project management, design thinking, research, strategy design, education and interaction design.
Some companies I had the opportunity to improve my knowledge: MLIMAphoto, TOAST Creative, McCann Worldgroup Brazil, Reset Lab, Ogilvy & Mather Brazil, In/situm Strategy Innovation and Research (FJORD now), and other companies.
I gain experience working on different projects and techniques such as a mobile, tablet, app, websites, Arduino, service design and design thinking. And prove my expertise in turning complex business requirements into simple and engaging digital user experiences.
Driven by creativity, has played a role in partnership with clients, continuously seeking creativity based on a strategic understanding of the business. Proven ability to analyze problems, able to understand and adjust work procedures and searching for best result efficiency. Willing to work to excellence, accept new challenges and reach new accomplishments.
I had the pleasure to start and conduct the UX BOOK CLUB SAO PAULO project for at least 3 years and It was a very successful project.
Another project that I had the pleasure to started and conduct it was the company RESET LAB for at least 5 years and It was a very successful project too, specifically because we were one of the pioneers to introduce UX Courses in Brazil.
DECA, Pfizer, MasterCard, Nestle, Reset Lab, UX Book Club Sao Paulo, Claro, Unilever, Hellman’s, Forbes Brasil, and other clients.
I am one of the creative designers behind the projects as:
DECA – redesign the new experience to the new website
CLARO – create a hub about 4G in Brazil
Hellmann’s Brazil – redesign an emergency new website
FORBES Brazil – redesign the new website and increase the magazine signatures
- To be me;
- Believe in my capacity;
- Developer my personal skill every day;
- Helped a lot of people and companies;
- Proficiency in a range of UX design skills (strategic design, research methods, information architecture, interaction design, prototyping methods, usability methods, service design and design thinking), with the ability to create content that is relevant and useful;
- Developed strong experience in designing and building wireframes and prototypes for data products and user-facing mobile and web applications;
- Learned to use customer insights to drive and guide the development of new offerings and to anticipate customer needs;
- Developed a capacity to ensure coherent and consistent product across digital platforms;
- Understanding of UX research methodologies and the ability to translate findings into sketches, designs and prototypes;
- Developed skills such as Leadership/project management to apply in different methods as Agile, Scrum and Waterfall;
- Participated in End to End UX + Product Design, and taking the team along for the journey;
- Developed my ability to prioritize and manage tasks, with a high-level productivity degree, able to generate good results;
- Had the experience of working closely with Front end developers to deliver designs;
- Developed strong attention to details and the ability to prioritize demands;
- Developed my knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, Keynote, Dreamweaver, Framer, Axure, InVision, Lightroom, Mindmap and others;
- Upper-Intermediate English and Native Portuguese;
When I am not enjoying my life helping business and people, I am spending my free time surfing, taking photos, traveling, cooking, or gardening.